Geoff Rod

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mentioned earlier how my brain tackles the writing process.  Looking at it creatively, then technically, etc.

I had a period earlier where everyone was out of the house and I was plucking away at things.  Then Beth came back, a neighbor came over, the TV went on, and the silence I was working in was suddenly gone.  I should mention our place isn't that big so I couldn't just relocate somewhere else.

I initially tried to simply block things out, but that didn't work.  The thought train I'd been riding had bucked me off.

But...I did find that it was a good time to switch to the technical aspect.  Without thinking too much about the story itself, I just ran through the lines looking for overused words, typos, and sentence structure.  I still didn't get a whole lot done, but I was able to go through about five pages and correct a handful of things I'd overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment